• François-Henri Pinault, Kering Chief, on Why Green Is the New Black
Read more at The New York Times here.
Pick up the month’s best news and views about sustainable fashion.
• Challenging what fashion is and can be, Bethany Williams is exploring social change
Committed to exploring social and environmental change within her work, the London-based sustainable fashion designer works with marginalised parts of society to bring about positive change and social enterprise.
Read more at ID Vice here
• The Power and Problems of Protest Dressing.
From the French Revolution’s tricolour cockades to the all-black outfits worn for the 2018 Golden Globes, the history of change is filled with clothes. Will the international fashion weeks take part, asks Alexandra Shulman?
Read more at BOF here.
• What’s needed to clean up the fashion industry?
Read more at Treehugger.com here.
• Power dressing: why fashion has never been so important.
This is a visual century and for those in search of an audience, fashion is the platform of choice. Kanye West, Victoria Beckham and Jaden Smith represent a new intake drawn to fashion to make their mark on the world.
Read more at the Guardian here.