In homage to Hansel and Zoolander ‘s appearance at Valentino earlier this month, I was going to call this post ‘five of the most really, really ridiculously good-looking bloggers on Instagram ever’ – but I worried people would think I was taking the piss. Basically, this post is a confirmation that fashion bloggers seem to be getting more model-like by the minute. Heck, some of them actually are models. Their lives, portrayed on Instagram, would be easy to parody if you were so-minded; Parisian boulevards, immaculately dishevelled white cotton sheets, flower shops and Dior shopping bags feature heavily. When you don’t look like a model and your life, like mine, resembles a scrap heap of thwarted intentions and discarded tea cake wrappers, it can be a wisp of a downer. Or an inspiration … I profile the 10 most good-looking fashion bloggers – in my opinion at least – in the blogosphere.
1. Vanessa Hong of The Haute Pursuit: This elfin bleach-blonde Canadian jets around the world, showcasing a style that is at once sporty and hopelessly luxurious, against colour-appropriate backdrops. The quality of the photography, the styling and, of course, the model makes The Haute Pursuit a gorgeous window into another world.
2. Charlotte Groeneveld of The Fashion Guitar: Dutch-born, New York-based Charlotte has worked with everyone in the business and it shows. Her big stylistic trope is texture; leather, fringing, faux fur and denim are mixed with skills and gorgeous aplomb.
3. Pernille Teisbaek of Look de Pernille: Cool Dane Pernille Teisbaek flies the flag for Scandi fashion and looks damn gamine at the same time. She has an eye for gentle quirkiness which is unmatched and no one – I mean, no one – does nautical style prettier.
4. India Rose: The blog is a sophisticated platform for style, art, music, short films and more. India Rose now rarely shows faces in her photography, focussing instead on shape, colour and detail. How do I know she’s beautiful? One long ago shot – and that sense of a person of wide and varying talent. She could only be a Londoner ….
5. Margaret Zhang of Shine by Three: All Margaret Zhang’s prodigious skills (she is a writer, photographer, stylist and currently guest buyer for matchesfashion.com. Oh, did I mention law student??) come together in her blog where the stunning Aussie Oriental underpins editorial shots of herself with sharp writing. Her style is tough but tender: the tomboy who loves beautiful things as much as the next girl.
6. Blair Eadie of Atlantic-Pacific: Eadie, a former buyer at Gap who moved to New York to work at Tory Burch, keeps it simple. Her blog is almost entirely outfit posts, with the occasional mouthwatering accessory shot. It works: Blair’s luxurious boho style hits the mark every time.
7. Gizele Oliveira of Gizele a Go-Go!: Remember what I said about bloggers being models? Brazilian Gizele is a pro so while the pictures look more spontaneous than those of The Haute Pursuit and Shine by Three – and the style is more festival chic than urban sophisticate – Gizele looks gorgeous every time.
8. Chiara Ferragni of The Blonde Salad: Follow this lovely lady as she shops at Chanel, picks up a Beauty Icon 2015 award in Mexico and is photographed for Calvin Klein and the cover of Vogue Spain, all the while looking more glossy and polished than you will ever be. Can I use the term ‘uber-blogger’?
9. Aleali May: Aleali May’s eponymous blog shares the model’s views on fashion, art, lifestyle, music and entertainment. Street style shots effortlessly nail the fierce, beautiful sport and streetwear looks that the model and image consultant is famous for.
10. Camille Charrière of Camille Over the Rainbow: French chic meets British cutting edge cool in Camille Charrière’s blog, Camille Over the Rainbow. Appropriately enough as Camille is half-French, half-British. Charrière moved to London three years ago to work at net-a-porter and matchesfashion. The ex-lawyer turned fashion journo showcases her enviably hip style around London, East and West. Formidable …